Shibboleth Service Provider Proxy
This service is best if you already have a web-application developed and you want to make it easily accessible by students/academics, or if a University has requested you add support for their login system.
Our Shibboleth SP Proxy works well for web-applications; it’s independant of the rest of your service so it can work with almost anything, and it can be made to integrate simply requiring minimal or no software changes for your site.
We can deliver this either as a VM configuration, or as a Docker container, so that it suits the rest of your infrastructure.
- Fully remote service, no physical access or site visit required.
- Based on latest stable release of industry recommended software to ensure you are on a well supported, secure, platform
- Help registering entity with UK Federation (allowing easy integration with Universities across the world) or …
- … support registering with up to 5 direct metadata trusts, if you have known partners you need to work with.
- Quick turn around, installation is completed in 1 working day.
- Un-complicated architectural approach, separation from existing infrastructure reduces risk.
The authentication proxy is available either as a VM configuration, or as a Docker container.
With this approach we install and configure Shibboleth SP with an Apache proxy on a VM (or hardware) that you provide.
We recommend this for most customers.
- Linux (RedHat, Centos, or Debian1) based host machine
- SSH access with ability to become root
£750 ex VAT
We can supply this service as a high-quality Docker container and associated configuration. However, to take up this option your team will already need to have a Docker based infrastructure and be familiar with its operation.
- Pre-existing container environment
£600 ex VAT
We are happy to install this on a debian host, however it should be noted that the Shibboleth Constorium do not support Shibboleth SP3 running on debian. ↩